Saturday, August 8, 2009

Abby says "No, no"

Abby added a new word to her vocabulary this morning when she said, "No, no." It was kind of at a random moment when she was crawling around the house, so I'm not sure what "No-No" she was thinking about.

Andy called on his way home from the dentist this afternoon. I saw that it was him on the caller ID, so I answered the way I usually do when he calls with, "Hi Sweetie." I was holding Abby, and as soon as I said that she ascertained that it was Andy calling so she reached for the phone and said, "Da da"! I was so tickled and surprised that she knew it was Andy, just by the way I answered the phone! I let Andy talk to her for a moment on the phone, before finishing our conversation.

Abby is getting very good at mimicking. On the way to taking Elysia to Burley yesterday (to meet Ken), Elysia was making gibberish noises with her tongue to Abby, like, "Budader, budader." Abby copied her and made a very good impression of Elysia! She's also been copying Andy, saying "Ah!" when he says it, and other sounds, too.

1 comment:

  1. Just you wait! Abby sounds like a little chatter box in the making! :)

    ReplyDelete