Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Abby waves Bye and says "Ba Ba"

Today Abby waved bye bye all on her own! She has waved bye bye twice before but it was not so obvious, and it was after I had already been waving her arm for her. This time, we were leaving Dr. Adamson's office, and I hadn't said "bye" or prompted her at all, and she started waving her whole arm bye bye all by herself! The receptionists saw and were so tickled and impressed that she could already wave bye! She did it for about a full 15 seconds! Wow!
And then later on with Grandma Lori and her daddy, they were trying to get her to wave bye bye and instead of waving she said "ba ba"! She said it a couple times so we knew she was trying to say "bye bye"!
Then later on when I was shopping at Target, I was on the phone with Grandma CC gushing to her about Abby's accomplishments waving bye, and then she waved again!
Also, she is still signing "milk" every day, especially when she is nursing. It is so cute to watch her nursing contentedly while she looks at her little hand slowly opening and closing to sign "milk". How sweet!
Grandma Lori is visiting still, and Abby is just loving having her here! We were concerned before she came that Abby might not remember her. But there was no need to worry because Abby was immediately comfortable and happy with Lollie, which shows she does remember her! What a good memory she has!
So here are Abby's first words so far:
1. Hi! She said this to a little girl (about 3) at the park and it was so cute! I lowered her down to the little girl's level and she said "Hi!" which I had been saying to her a lot, so I knew she knew what she was saying. She said this at about 5 months old.
2. Mama
3. Dada
4. Milk
5. Dog (or actually "og")
6. Bye bye (ba ba)

No comments:

Post a Comment