It was so funny this monring. I was going downstairs to the storage room to get some more plastic cutlery. This is how the conversation went:
Elysia: What are you doing?
Audrey: Going downstairs to get some knives, spoons, forks...
Elysia: Going to get what?
Audrey: Going to get some cutlery.
Elysia: Going to get huckaberry?
LOL! I don't know how she got "huckaberry" out of "cutlery" and I've never heard of a huckaberry before, but I think it must be like a huckleberry, except instead of eating it, you throw it. Elysia is so funny!
Abby is taking a nap right now, so I am eating lunch and journaling. It's been difficult lately, because she hasn't been napping very long. But so far she's already slept an hour and 20 minutes which is much better than the 40 minute naps she's been taking lately. I'm eating a PB&J sandwich, potato chips, and chocolate milk, which is actually a much healthier like than it sounds like. This is because the sandwich is made with organic PB, 100% whole wheat Orowheat bread, and huckleberry jam (the latter not especially healthy, but still okay). The potato chips are Kettle Chips, lightly salted, which are more natural and healthy than other chips. And the drink is Almond Breeze chocolate almond milk, sweetened with stevia, only 40 calories a cup. So I get to eat my yummy comfort food, and still eat relatively healthily.
I made some banana bread while Abby napped. Nikki and Jason Halverson invited us over to dinner tonight, and I'm going to bring them a loaf. I've been making banana bread a lot lately because it tastes good, and then I can use up the old bananas and don't have to throw them away. A loaf of homemade banana bread also makes a good gift. The last batch, I gave one to our new neighbors: Jerrica and her fiance. She is really nice, and when I went over there, she remembered me because she's actually our dental hygienist at Willamette Dental! Cool! It's a good thing I already made a good impression because I take good care of my teeth. :-P Although I think she would like me even if I didn't because we're both nice people!
Andy's foot is still healing, after breaking it and dislocating it on May first. He's been going to physical therapy every week, and he can hobble along now without the crutches since he wears his walking cast. He's been icing and elevating it every night to help with the swelling, like his physical therapist suggested. It still gets sore, so he can't walk on it very long. He mowed the front lawn a few days ago, which must have looked kinda funny, with him crippling along with the big cast and the lawn mower. I think on his next four days off, I'll get him to watch Abby while I mow the back lawn myself. It is a very huge area to mow with a push mower, we live on half an acre. It would be nice if we had a riding lawn mower. Maybe someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment